Monday, November 26, 2012

UN Climate Change Conference


The UN Climate Change Conference, known as COP18, has started in Doha. I don't know a lot about it, all I know is that about 20,000 delegates will be attending. How do I know that? Because for the last couple of weeks everyone's been panicking about the massive traffic disruptions this might cause. Warnings have been going out that everyone should leave for work extra early, some companies are enacting work-from-home plans, and some schools closed today.

Now given that it is a climate change conference most of the participants will be using buses but even then there are over 400 buses being used to shuttle everyone around. Good thing they're not driving rental cars or using taxis.

Let's see tomorrow morning how my commute goes. I'll report from the office once I arrive.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello!

I just would like to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you have here on this post. I will be coming back to your blog for more soon.

House Removals Balham