- Varieties of Dates
- Arab Card Games
- How to Get or Renew a Liquor Permit
- How to Renew Your Car Registration
- What To Do In Doha/Qatar
- Waterfront Cities of the World - a follow-up
- Doha Hotels -- Where to Stay in Doha/Qatar
- Desert Roses
- Using the Google Art and Culture app
- Gender Ratios in Qatar and other Islamic Countries
Friday, October 04, 2013
Beirut Restaurant Closed
I was in Souq Waqif the other night heading to one of my favorite restaurants, Beirut Restaurant, to get hummous, only to find it was closed. And I don't mean “closed for the evening”, I mean gone.
Even the old sign above the door was gone. I took a peek through the windows and the place was empty, all the tables and chairs were gone.
What in the world happened? That restaurant had been there over 50 years! I hope the waiters weren't all fired, they were nice guys.
Man, what a drag . . .
[November 11, 2013 update: I was told by a guy at the Bin Mahmoud location that the Souq Waqif location is closed for good]