Saturday, July 02, 2016

Ramadan 2016, Day 25 - Corniche Car Parade

Every Ramadan, around 4:30-6:00pm, people go down to the Corniche in fancy or vintage cars and drive up and down the street. Not sure why, but it's something that people do every day of Ramadan. I think I have pictures from a Ramadan Car parade each year for the last 3-4 years on my blog.

This time there were a lot of foreign cars parading, mostly from Saudi but I also saw a few from Bahrain, UAE and even a Kuwaiti car.

In the past many people would have their kids in the car and the kids would be hanging out the window or standing up and peering out of the sunroof. I think the police have cracked down on this the last couple of years so at least one car came up with a novel solution.




So here are pictures of the cars I saw this year. Enjoy.








No comments: