In 2006 I moved to Qatar and things are not what many people in North America would expect - it is not like how the Middle East is portrayed in the media. I'm also a fan of skepticism and science so wondered how this works here in Qatar. Since I'm here for a while I figured I'd use the time to get to know this country better and with this blog you can learn along with me. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - So what posts have been popular recently . . .
Popular Posts
- How to Get or Renew a Liquor Permit
- Arab Card Games
- The Passing of Queen Elizabeth II
- Qatar Coronavirus Updates -- Masks Restrictions Back in Place
- Ramadan Kareem!
- Summer Vacation Part 1 - Norway
- Further Discussion on the India Pisa Results
- Varieties of Dates
- Qatari Marriage Statistics
- How to Renew an E-Gate Card
Tuesday, January 08, 2008
Women Judges in Qatar
Here's an article about woman judges in Qatar that was in a local newspaper. You have to read it -- talks about how women are too emotional etc to be judges. Very non-PC.
Labels:
Qatar
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is a great example of how entrenched and sometimes prejudicial viewpoints squeeze out of the cracks as progress and secularism change patriarchal societies.
Post a Comment