- How to Get or Renew a Liquor Permit
- Varieties of Dates
- Souq Waqif Date Festival 2018
- Arab Card Games
- Ramadan 2016, Day 21 – Qur’an Discussions
- What To Do In Doha/Qatar
- Psychics, astrologer and magicians, oh my!
- Review of Some Weight Loss Shows
- How to Renew Your Car Registration
- Waterfront Cities of the World – Doha
Monday, April 11, 2016
I got a chance to visit the souq in Al Wakra just before I went on vacation. I hadn’t been there in almost a year, and there was a lot of work left to do on the site, so I was looking forward to seeing it finished.
It’s not completely finished yet, there is still some construction for a few of the buildings and there was still work on the shore, but it has improved a lot since last year. More restaurants and cafes, some the buildings in the alleyways now have shops selling crafts and other things. I had heard the shore was becoming popular and I can see why, having all the cafes along the beach is really nice.
It should be great once it’s all finished.