Saturday, April 14, 2007

I have joined the 21st century.

Okay I have now made the technological jump and got myself hooked up on Skype. It took me a while to get it figured out but my friend Knut had asked me to do it - if only because long-distance calls are a real burn $$$-wise. I tried it out today and it worked. No visual though, but I'll see what I can do to get that set up as well.

So between starting a blog and being on Skype I'm a 21st century man! (No, I consider this blog a reasonable cover for not having a MySpace account so I'm not planning to get one.)

Maybe I'll start a dot-com franchise next! :)

Anyway if you have a Skype account and want to talk let me know. Time zone differences can make this a bit of a challenge, but I'm sure we can work something out.

6 comments:

Nassim said...

Hi,

I am moving to Qatar in 1 month, and have lots of questions, can we talk on Skype ?

BTW, I found your blog 2 weeks ago, and really enjoy reading it, nice work :)

Glen McKay said...

Hi Nassim. Wow, this is an old post.

In truth I'm not on skype anymore. I never used it so moved on. If you have some questions could you send me an email?

Nassim said...

Well actually I can't find your email anywhere ^^"

Glen McKay said...

?? Sorry, I forgot that comments go to my email but it doesn't show the address, and in email it doesn't give an address for you either.

Anyway, I've reactivated skype instead. Try "qatarglen".

Nassim said...

Thanks a log, I've added you on skype :)

Anonymous said...

Hi it's Nassim :)

I just wanted to thank you again for taking the time to answer my questions on skype the other day, I'm in Qatar now (Al Rayyan), and I found
a job ! :)

Anyways, if get on skype chances are you'll find me online :)

Nassim