Saturday, July 21, 2007

I'm baaaaaaaaack.

Back from the Europe trip. I had a wonderful time in London and Paris and like most good trips it is a bit of a drag that it had to end and head back home. After being in Paris I now realize that my five-years of French class in high school has meant that my French sucked. It definately improved as time went on but was still sketchy at best. However I went from asking the hotel reception:

day one: Key to room six-ten s'il vous plait.

last day: La cle pour la chambre six-cent dix, s'il vous plait.

If I had stayed a few more weeks maybe I'd have really gotten the hang of it. The real problem came when French people would talk back in French because the odds of me understanding them was near-zero. Like one time I asked for a coffee and the waitress said something like dulait and I'm wondering what a dulait is, thinking it was one word, instead of du lait (lait being milk). Oh well, c'est la vie.

I'll blog more tomorrow, I'm pretty tired right now since I took a red-eye back to Doha from Paris so it is time to go to bed.

4 comments:

Magnus said...

I must learn html so I can place a link to your blog in my blog.

Glen McKay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Glen McKay said...

I suggest taking a look at your html code and find the part that contains the website addresses for your other links. It will give you an idea of how to set up a link in html code.

Magnus said...

It worked! I tried a couple of times before (doing what seemed correct) and it never worked. Doug;s blog is dead so I just cut and paste yours over his.