- How to Get or Renew a Liquor Permit
- Varieties of Dates
- Arab Card Games
- Tim Hortons is Open in Qatar!
- Review of Star Wars: The Force Awakens (no spoilers)
- The Passing of Queen Elizabeth II
- Qatar Coronavirus Updates - Around 500 a Day and More Lessening of Restrictions
- Summer Vacation Part 1 - Norway
- Scorpions and Spiders
- How to Have a Colonoscopy
Sunday, August 19, 2012
Eid 2012 – Holiday
I’m on vacation now in Turkey. A Turkish friend of mine invited me to his home in the city of Mudanya, on the coast of the Sea of Marmara.
It was a bit of a trip getting here. First we had to fly to Ankara, then take another flight to Istanbul, followed by a bus trip. Because it was Eid weekend the roads were jammed and what would normally take the bus 1½ hours took 4.
This morning is the first day of Eid so we had a traditional Turkish breakfast . . .
Then the day was spent either hosting friends and relatives or going to meet friends and relatives. This is standard for Turks during Eid (as it is with most Muslims). We’re currently at my friend’s house taking a break before heading out to meet his wife’s parents.
Eid Mubarak everyone.