Monday, August 12, 2013

Back From Eid Vacation


I’m back from Turkey. Had a great time but on unpacking I realized that I left my camera cord behind so now I can’t transfer the pictures into the blog. My friend is still there so he will bring it when he comes back in a few days after which I will post some pictures.

Otherwise, as someone who likes tennis, I was thrilled to hear that Canadian tennis players did really well at the Masters tournament in Montréal. We now have a Canadian player ranked in the top 10 and another in the top 40, up until a couple of years ago I think the best a Canadian had managed in the rankings was in the top 50 and now here we are with two above that. To top it all off Canada is in the Davis Cup semifinals, something that even a few years ago the tennis world would have written off as a complete fantasy. They'll have their work cut out for them though (they play Serbia headed by World Number 1 Novak Djokovic), but that they even made it to the semis shows just how far Canadian tennis has come in the last few years.

No comments: