- Varieties of Dates
- Arab Card Games
- How to Get or Renew a Liquor Permit
- How to Renew Your Car Registration
- What To Do In Doha/Qatar
- Waterfront Cities of the World - a follow-up
- Doha Hotels -- Where to Stay in Doha/Qatar
- Using the Google Art and Culture app
- Desert Roses
- Gender Ratios in Qatar and other Islamic Countries
Wednesday, August 14, 2013
Doha Skyline 2006
Recently Dohanews posted some photos of West Bay in 2004. That got me thinking a bit as to how much things have changed in Doha. I always tell people who have recently moved here about all the construction and all of the things that weren't open when I first arrived (like the “new” Souq Waqif, the Museum of Islamic Art, Villagio Mall, Al Waab Street, three-quarters of the buildings in West Bay, most of the luxury hotels, the Al Shammal freeway, Katara, the Pearl and so on). It only took seven years to build all that. Amazing isn't it? It's also why I'm not concerned about whether Qatar can build the 2022 infrastructure in time -- they've managed to build so much in seven years they shouldn't have much of a problem doing it in nine.
Anyway, here's some pictures of Doha from 2006 to early 2007. Enjoy.