Thursday, August 08, 2013

Ramadan 2013 - Last Day, Eid Mubarak

Since I was not traveling yesterday I fasted and that extra hour of fasting really made a difference -- it was tough. Weather outside was hot & sunny, around 30 degrees, so I couldn't go out much. Found by the afternoon I was feeling a bit weak, and by 8:00pm I was starving.

After iftar my friend and I went for a long walk on the corniche for exercise. It was pretty busy, I guess thousands were out enjoying the evening. Even after midnight there were a lot of people. My friend had it tougher as he definitely had to go to morning prayer as it was the first one for Eid, which meant getting up at 4am. It is also tradition to go to the barber for Eid so we went to one for shaves -- at 1:30am (yes, they were still open, it's the busiest time of the year.


I then went to bed and slept until breakfast. Eid is a time for visiting relatives so my friend's in-laws were coming over for a traditional breakfast



Weather is sunny and warm, plans are to go into town and enjoy the seaside, as well as being able to eat and drink during the day.

Eid Mubarak everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's pretty cool you actually fasted along with the muslims when you aren't one..that would take major willpower since for us its an obligation but not for u..eid mubarak!

Glen McKay said...

Eid Mubarak to you as well and thanks for stopping by.