- Varieties of Dates
- Dr. Zakir Naik - a lecture, a question, and my shoes
- Arab Card Games
- How to Get or Renew a Liquor Permit
- Ramadan 2017 -- time to prepare
- Doha Hotels -- Where to Stay in Doha/Qatar
- How to Renew Your Car Registration
- What To Do In Doha/Qatar
- Ramadan 2017 - First Iftar
- Ramadan Kareem everyone!
Thursday, May 01, 2014
Auction at Souq Waqif
Last Friday night there was an auction in the square by the Hotel Arumaila. This is the second time I’ve passed by and seen an auction so maybe it’s a regular event. It was mostly Gulf Arabs buying various antiques, vintage items or (what appeared to me anyway) assorted bric-a-brac.
If you’re interested in buying the auction is held in Arabic so if you don’t speak Arabic you’d better bring a translator, otherwise you might pay a lot of money for a coffee pot or something :)
[June 2014 update, I was there around 4:30pm and despite the summer heat they were still holding an auction, I've added a daytime photo]