Friday, July 18, 2014

Ramadan 2014 – Day 17-18, More Meals and Extra Meals


‘Tis the season for munching! More invites to meals. First I had Iftar at the Flying Carpet restaurant at the Torch Tower (I liked the carpet décor on the ceiling).



Then the next night was invited to dinner at a friend's house. 3 courses, starting with cheese plate.



Again I struggled with trying to not overeat. Managed to get through both meals without stomach pains but I find it is one of the hardest parts about fasting all day, once you break your fast it's difficult to stop eating whatever food is around – your body wants food. Naturally all of the hotels have extravagant buffets so you wind up just eating and eating.

I confess I had another slip-up on my fasting. Once again the alarm failed to wake me up around 3am so I woke up to go to work having not eaten anything since around 11pm. I had a lot of work to do so I just wasn't in the mood for being tired and starving all day. No fasting that morning, I had a bowl of cereal and a glass of water before I went to work.

Having that bowl of cereal really made a difference, I was nowhere near as tired as I had been during the days of Ramadan, I had a lot more energy and was more mentally alert. Take it from personal experience everyone, don't skip breakfast (unless you’re fasting for Ramadan of course). Having breakfast in the morning really does make a difference.



No comments: