- Varieties of Dates
- How to Get or Renew a Liquor Permit
- How to Renew Your Car Registration
- Ramadan 2016, Day 21 – Qur’an Discussions
- Map of Souq Waqif
- Food Trucks at Qatar Sports Club
- Desert Roses
- Dr. Zakir Naik - a lecture, a question, and my shoes
- Marriage tips from FANAR
- Doha Hotels -- Where to Stay in Doha/Qatar
Wednesday, July 08, 2015
Ramadan 2015, Day 20 – Al Jazeera Café
Tonight was a late iftar with friends at the new Al Jazeera Café in Katara.
What surprised me is that despite the name it isn’t a café, it’s a full-fledged restaurant with a large menu and proper chef. The food was really good.
It also serves as a small Al Jazeera museum, with a number of items on display, including some somber ones to remind us that journalism can be a dangerous job, such as the bullet proof vest of a reporter who was killed in Libya in 2011.
Or some bits of equipment from when Al Jazeera’s bureau in Baghdad was hit by an American missile.
They even have a mock studio with a camera where you can try reading from a prompter like the news anchors.
I prefer the ‘casual’ newsreader look.