Friday, October 21, 2011

Qatar Population Day


Unbeknownst to me yesterday was Qatar Population Day. On that day a government body, the Permanent Population Committee, holds an annual conference where attendees present papers and studies, as well as discussing issues relating to population development including urbanization, education, health, employment etc.

I never even realized there was a Permanent Population Committee. Guess it doesn't matter since I'm an ex-pat so I'm not one of the permanent population. I went to their website it looks like they do a lot of analysis on many sociological issues. Health appears to be a significant concern, as well as employment opportunities for Qataris. Unfortunately none of the studies are in English, and my Arabic certainly isn't good enough to make heads or tails of it.

Hopefully they push for improving the road systems, and the parking.

No comments: