- How to Get or Renew a Liquor Permit
- Souq Waqif Date Festival 2018
- Varieties of Dates
- Arab Card Games
- Ramadan 2016, Day 21 – Qur’an Discussions
- What To Do In Doha/Qatar
- Psychics, astrologer and magicians, oh my!
- How to Renew Your Car Registration
- Review of Some Weight Loss Shows
- Waterfront Cities of the World – Doha
Sunday, October 09, 2011
The Secret Ministry
Unbeknownst to many people Qatar has a secret Ministry working within the shadows of the Government. Their building is unlabeled, its management unknown, and they don't issue press releases or organize conferences. Yet it is one of the most powerful Ministries in Qatar, a Ministry that almost no one can mess with, wielding an exceptional amount of power...
... The Ministry of Tearing Up Roads.
Anyone who has lived in Doha knows, deep down inside, that this Ministry exists. I have challenged many Qatari friends about it but they all deny its existence -- possibly out of fear of reprisals. Its employees are everywhere, touring the city at night looking for locations to tear up without warning. They are incredibly quick and amazingly efficient.
It's the only explanation.