- Varieties of Dates
- Arab Card Games
- How to Get or Renew a Liquor Permit
- How to Renew Your Car Registration
- What To Do In Doha/Qatar
- Waterfront Cities of the World - a follow-up
- Doha Hotels -- Where to Stay in Doha/Qatar
- Using the Google Art and Culture app
- Desert Roses
- Gender Ratios in Qatar and other Islamic Countries
Sunday, September 02, 2012
Back from Turkey
I have returned! Had a great time, the first week was in Mudanya on the shore of the Sea of Marmara, followed by a week in the resort city of Bodrum, with some tours of the ruins at Ephesus and Parmalukke. Also did a day trip to the Greek island of Kos. Weather was hot and sunny everyday, perfect for all the beachgoers who were flooding Bodrum.
I had long talks with my friend about the differences between Turkey and Qatar, and how the country approached Islam. He said it would be worthwhile to discuss these things on my blog, noting my impressions of the various aspects of the country. Sounds good to me, so over the next couple of weeks I'll do some posts.
For now though I think I'll get a bit of rest.