Monday, September 10, 2012

Pink Eye!


Yesterday my right eye was itching a little and slightly swollen. Figured I was just tired but when I woke up this morning it was slightly worse. Wasn't a big deal, just a little irritating, so I went to work but by the afternoon it got a bit worse so I decided to go to the doctor in case it was an infection or something.

A few tests later confirmed:

-- My vision is great (no glasses for me!)
-- And I have infectious blepharoconjunctivitis (one of the many conditions we commonly call "pink eye"

The doctor then gave me a note for two days off work. I said I felt okay so might not need it but the doctor told me that it is infectious so I need to stay home. Oh, okay then.

So I'm now sitting at home with five medications (two eyedrops, one ointment, and two oral antibiotics). Looks like I'm essentially going to be in quarantine for a couple of days. I suppose it's for the best -- my eye has swollen even more now but at least I've started the medications.

I tried to take a picture of my eye for the blog but unfortunately it kept coming out blurry (or maybe that's just my vision) :-p

No comments: