- Varieties of Dates
- Arab Card Games
- How to Get or Renew a Liquor Permit
- How to Renew Your Car Registration
- What To Do In Doha/Qatar
- Waterfront Cities of the World - a follow-up
- Doha Hotels -- Where to Stay in Doha/Qatar
- Using the Google Art and Culture app
- Desert Roses
- Gender Ratios in Qatar and other Islamic Countries
Saturday, March 02, 2013
[If you are looking for information on the Tim Hortons in Doha click here, it opened May 9, 2013]
There is a coffee-and-donut chain that dominates the Canadian landscape, with thousands of stores coast to coast. No, not Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts, it’s called Tim Hortons.
I wish I could tell you what it is about Tim Hortons that makes it so popular amongst Canadians. Its coffee and donuts are decent but not amazing (though Timbits are really nice), it doesn’t have the atmosphere of a more upscale coffee shop, and it doesn’t offer anything in particular that you couldn’t get from other places. But we love it anyway.
In honour of Tim Hortons opening stores in the Middle East (with a Doha branch coming soon!) below is a medley of Tim Hortons’ photos from my current trip, including views from the drive-thru and people "rolling up the rim". Enjoy.