Thursday, January 01, 2015

Reflections of 2014


So ends another great year. Time to look back on what I got up to during 2014.



Enjoying the view from Edinburgh Castle, Scotland




At my friend's place in Mudanya, Turkey




Enjoying a blue tequila cocktail, Las Vegas




Target practice on the Bosporus. Istanbul, Turkey




Enjoying a picnic with my friends, Tourtour, France




The view from the balcony of my hotel room, overlooking St. Lazarus Square, Larnaca, Cyprus




Being my nephew's wing man, Los Angeles.




Watching the Canada vs USA Olympic hockey semi-finals at a sports bar, New York City . I was one of only two Canadians in the bar, the waitress said I was brave for being there. (Canada won)




A proper meat pie, Edinburgh, Scotland




At a village banquet, where the entire village comes to eat in the central square. I don't remember much about the food but I do remember there was a lot of wine. Tourtour, France.




A breakfast that required two ladies to bring out the tray. I kid you not on this try was cheese, butter, another cheese, another butter, and some cheese melted in butter. Mount Uludag, Turkey.




Watching the Super Bowl at the main betting hall of the MGM Grand, Las Vegas.




Winning the grand prize at the National Day party held by my office (tickets and hotel to Istanbul!). Doha.




The only question you probably have is which Disney is this? The original. Anaheim, California.




At the Grand Mosque, Muscat. Oman




At the (infamous?) Brazen Head pub, Glasgow, Scotland.




Touring the abandoned village of Kayaköy, Southern Turkey.




My nephew can't believe all the things I've done either! Vancouver, Canada.




I hope everyone has a great 2015.

No comments: