- Varieties of Dates
- What To Do In Doha/Qatar
- Rallying Around the Emir
- Arab Card Games
- Ramadan 2017 - Corniche Car Parade
- Doha Hotels -- Where to Stay in Doha/Qatar
- How to Get or Renew a Liquor Permit
- Updates of Life in Qatar
- Gender Ratios in Qatar and other Islamic Countries
- A Distraction From the Recent Political Situation
Monday, June 13, 2016
Ramadan 2016, Day 7 - Camel Television
Camels are serious business in the Gulf. Herding is not as widespread as in the past but camel racing remains a popular sport and there are also events like camel beauty contests, for example:
I have seen camel races but never a beauty pagent. Turns out everyone can watch if they know the timing of the pagent, boy was I surprised when a friend told me that there's a TV station dedicated to camels and camel events, Al Saha TV.
If you can't see the livestream there's an example of the programming on this YouTube video (10 minutes of what I assume are camels gearing up for a race or an upcoming beauty pagent).
So there you go, your TV station for all things camel.