Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Two Months of Staying in the Apartment

I have now been in my apartment for two months. Aside from one trip to the grocery store, and picking up iftar meals from that kind Qatari gentleman, I have not left the apartment, not even for a walk around the neighbourhood.

Enjoy this before and after photos of me:


Yes I could trim the beard but I like growing it as a 'legacy' of this difficult time. I just wish I could straighten it instead of my beard being this semi-wavy mess. After this is all over I might keep the beard if I can neaten it up a little.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


As required by the Government I downloaded the Ehteraz coronavirus tracking app. It does have some nice features:


Here's the main screen showing my health status. Green means 'good health', i.e. the Government is not aware of you having the virus or are at risk of having it. The color would change if you were in quarantine or confirmed to have it. The colour will go grey if you are suspected to be exposed. I think if the Government detects a case of the virus then they will use the app to determine who was near the person at which point they will turn your colour grey and you'll probably receive a notice to go get tested.


The latest daily case information is available on the app.


And announcements by the Ministry of Public Health are sent directly to you, with notifications appearing on your phone when a message comes in.


Hopefully the app helps the Government get a handle on the outbreak. One more person died today and more people have been placed in ICU.

1 comment:

Bmcava said...

Thanks greaat blog post