- Varieties of Dates
- Arab Card Games
- How to Get or Renew a Liquor Permit
- How to Renew Your Car Registration
- What To Do In Doha/Qatar
- Waterfront Cities of the World - a follow-up
- Doha Hotels -- Where to Stay in Doha/Qatar
- Using the Google Art and Culture app
- Desert Roses
- Gender Ratios in Qatar and other Islamic Countries
Saturday, December 24, 2011
Celebrations at Souq Waqif (Arab dancing)
Thanks to the Arab Games there were a number of events around the city. In Souq Waqif they had set up three stages at various locations for acts from the various Arab countries to perform on. While I was there yesterday I was able to capture some video from each of the performances.
First up: video of Palestinian dancers
Then there was a group of Saudi singers and drummers. The song is structured such that the lead sings a part then the singers on the side respond.
I guess the music was pretty good because soon a few Qataris were dancing.
Saudi singers 2
Finally, here are some dancers from Oman. Now how different the Omanis are from the Saudis
And unlike Saudis the Omani women take part in the dances as well, with elaborate costumes.