- Arab Card Games
- Dr. Zakir Naik - a lecture, a question, and my shoes
- How to Get or Renew a Liquor Permit
- Varieties of Dates
- Gender Ratios in Qatar and other Islamic Countries
- How to Renew Your Car Registration
- Qatari Names
- Doha Hotels -- Where to Stay in Doha/Qatar
- What To Do In Doha/Qatar
- How to Renew an E-Gate Card
Thursday, June 28, 2012
As of today at five o'clock City Centre was still closed.
I just got back from Souq Waqif and the new Gold Souq is open. I took a quick wander around, it's air-conditioned, has a nice courtyard area with a small pool, and also had a café with a few tables. Not all the stores were open yet but the ones that were appeared to be very high-end -- some of the jewelry on display had really large stones (I'm talking “Holy &%^#!” stones). The jewelry was clearly for people with lots of money to spend.