- Varieties of Dates
- Arab Card Games
- How to Get or Renew a Liquor Permit
- How to Renew Your Car Registration
- What To Do In Doha/Qatar
- Waterfront Cities of the World - a follow-up
- Doha Hotels -- Where to Stay in Doha/Qatar
- Using the Google Art and Culture app
- Desert Roses
- Gender Ratios in Qatar and other Islamic Countries
Friday, June 29, 2012
The Secret Ministry Strikes Again
They came in the night, without warning, while the city slept.
I awoke to a different world, of red and white barriers and upturned pavement.
The Secret Ministry had struck again.
How long the repairs will take is anyone's guess. Thankfully it is not causing major disruptions and it is still easy to drive around the neighborhood. Friends of mine have not been so fortunate in the past. One time a friend of mine was almost trapped in his compound as road construction work pretty much surrounded the whole complex. It's not that bad here.
. . . so far.