Monday, April 15, 2013

Opening of Ezdan Mall

[the most up-to-date information I have on Ezdan Mall is from August 21st and can be found here]


The new mall had a soft opening today so I went to check it out.





A lot of people had the same idea, traffic was pretty heavy getting into the mall.






Here's some interior shots






There were no restaurants or caf├ęs open yet. The food court was a decent size though. It will even have a SushiMinto, not a restaurant that I expected to open In a food court.






Sorry Canadians -- Tim Hortons isn't open yet.




Some stores were open, but not a lot. Here's pictures of some where I'm not sure if that brand of store is available anywhere else.











As for what isn't open, here's some examples . . .










According to the newspapers about 80% of the stores should be open by the end of May.


And as I was leaving I got stuck in a traffic jam, not a good impression for opening day. Hopefully they have this sorted out soon because what will they do when the mall is fully open?



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY for Timmies and Sushi Minto! I am excited, now let's see when these things actually open....

Keep us posted! :)

~Calgarian in Qatar

Glen McKay said...

Will do. Maybe I'll stop by in a week or so and see what's changed.