Sunday, June 28, 2015

Ramadan 2015, Day 10 – More Mall Walking (with Gulf Mall update)

[latest update on Gulf Mall is August 14th, you can find it here]


Last week I said I’d try to avoid doing daytime mall walking on the weekends because I was feeling a little lightheaded yet here I was on Saturday doing the same thing. It’s really just to distract myself, it is a real struggle just to sit at home all day and not reach into a cupboard for a snack, you have to keep yourself busy. So I decided to go to Gulf Mall and Ezdan Mall in the afternoon and walk around, see if anything new has opened at Gulf Mall.

As it was the afternoon some shops were open but not any restaurants of course. Lulu Hypermarket across the street was packed with shoppers buying groceries.



In Gulf Mall it looks like more places at the food court are open or about to open, such as the KFC and Fatburger.



While IHOP looked ready it had a work order pasted on the door, I guess it’ll still be a little longer – I’m guessing after Ramadan. [August 14 update, still not open]



Shake Shack and the Lei Wei (P.F. Chang brand) were not even close to opening.




Over at Ezdan Mall they take Ramadan a bit more seriously than other malls. They had an area prepared for what I think were religious lectures (with convenient barriers separating the men’s and ladies seating.



And a separate kids area being prepared for Garangao next week.



After that it was back to the Ramadan Cannon where I met up with some friends, I brought dates, crackers, nuts and water for iftar, they brought some shwarmas, so it was win-win all around.

No comments: