Monday, April 07, 2008

Speech software!

Yesterday I received speech recognition software. I've been trying it out and so far it's been working really good. As an example, this entire posting was written using it and not making any edits. I was skeptical at first that this is a program would work well but I do because of my repetitive strain injury and decided I really had to try it out just to see if he could save me typing.

As you can see it is working very well. There are just a couple of edits need to be made every paragraph, that's not too bad. So now I should be able to put regular updates on my blog using the software.

So what is new? Well it is starting to get hotter here and I need to put the air conditioner on now at night. Temperatures are around 35°. But he is still cool enough to go out on the weekends and evenings so I've been going to the beach and doing other activities.

I will leave it for now but I'll be back more frequently with updates.

[not using software] not bad, eh?

3 comments:

Magnus said...

I shutter to think of Yuri with speech recognition software. It'd never be able to keep up.

James Dunworth said...

Sounds great. Could you possibly tell us where you got the speech recognition software from, and what the name of is?

Glen McKay said...

Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Nuance-Communications-Inc-A109A-G01-9-0-NaturallySpeaking/dp/B000H2049I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=software&qid=1208409928&sr=1-1

I could only find a wireless version of the software in Qatar, at PCOne. But it was QR 1950!