Thursday, August 26, 2010

Ramadan . . . the finale.

So I am leaving for Canada. While Ramadan is 29-30 days for me it’s ending after 16. Fasting was challenging, but not as hard as I thought it would be. You really do get used to it, just like my Muslim friends said. And it was nice to set my time more like the rest of Qatar, enjoy the late-night festivities, and to have iftar with my friends. Here’s some pictures to recap:








a typical Sohour meal (if you look closely you can read the type of dates from the package.







Iftar at the Cigale hotel











An iranian restaurant in the Souq



The lecture of Dr. Zakir Naik




Iftar at an Iraqi restaurant



The "Jetsons" mosque where I witnessed the evening prayer





Chillin out with a shisha at the W Hotel



And iftar at a Syrian restaurant.


It was a cool expereince.


I'll try to post from Canada while I'm there. See you soon.

No comments: