Friday, April 06, 2007

An Important Public Service Announcement

Fridays are a very quiet day here. In case you didn't know, in Qatar the weekend is Friday and Saturday, which makes it odd because the first day of work in Sunday (something I have yet to get used to). Friday is the holy day in Islam so almost all stores and restaurants are closed until the evening, leaving little else to do but chill out and relax.

After sleeping in I went down to the clubhouse restaurant to have breakfast. The pool by the clubhouse was quite busy, most of the residents enjoying the day by lazing about the pool. It is from this that I must finally lay down the law about an important topic:

To all men in the world - you do not look good in Speedos!!

Honestly, who invented these things? And why do so many men think they look good? Those things seem to be designed to show the world how large your gut is, and are more revealing than underwear. Yeah, yeah I'm sure there's exceptions to the rule, I'm sure there are many ladies who think they look fine on guys like Brad Pitt but we are talking about 1 in 1000 here. A very slim margin. Rather than take the chance (cause how many guys delude themselves into thinking they look as good as Brad Pitt), how about we play it safe and just ban them altogether.

No more speedos - please. Think of the children, okay?


This important public service message brought to you by concerned citizens who have to eat breakfast near a pool.

2 comments:

Glen McKay said...

Geez, haven't had a comment on my blog for a while - and it's spam. I feel like Ziggy sometimes. :p

Geosomin said...

I agree. No more speedos - please. Think of the children ;o)

My Dad had a pair he wore for many years until we all collaborated and finally threw them out on him. And believe me - he was NOT the sort to wear them...if such a man does indeed exist! I see nothing wrong about regular old swimming trunks. Thankfully my husband doesn't have delusions of speedos...

Beaches annoy me for that reason - I'd honestly rather see someone nude than in a speedo...that's how creepy I find them. They're like thongs on women - too much information that is covered so as not to actually cover. I mean I find I often spend a large amount of time at the pool or beach looking at the ground so as not to giggle or gape - some day I'll run into things and hurt myself! Why people will spend 2 grand on a holiday somewhere warm and not invest in a 30 dollar swimsuit that fits to wear while there really baffles me...

Best to wear a large sack and sit in the shade...