- Arab Card Games
- Varieties of Dates
- How to Get or Renew a Liquor Permit
- Qatar Coronavirus Updates - Around 500 a Day and More Lessening of Restrictions
- Qatari Names
- Styles of Minarets in Qatar
- A New Mall - the Vendome
- Summer Vacation Part 1 - Norway
- Traditional Qatari Breakfast
- Numerology? Or just because it's cool?
Sunday, August 09, 2009
The latest H1N1 update is 43 confirmed cases and, sadly, the death of one Qatari man from the flu (though he may have caught the flu in the UAE then came back to Qatar). This puts Qatar around 3.1 cases per 100,000 people, still lower than in most Western nations. I expect cases will start ramping up for the next couple of months then the number of new cases will start to decline, much like in the West. The Qatari government hopes to have thousands of doses of vaccine when it becomes available, probably in October.