Saturday, August 13, 2011

Ramadan 2011 - Quick Update

If you look back at my last blog post you'll see a picture of me having a shisha at the Al Bustan Hotel. With the bill came a raffle ticket for a weekly draw for either a Qatar Airways ticket or a Blackberry. My friend Fayez said I should fill it out.

Low and behold two days later I got a call -- I won the Blackberry! (Here's a picture of a smug winner with a Blackberry)

Now I have two phones. I was joking with my Qatari friends that I’m getting more and more like a Gulf Arab, now all I need is an iPhone as my third phone (and maybe switch my car to a Toyota Land Cruiser) and I'm practically a Qatari. ;)

After picking up the Blackberry I went straight to La Cigale Hotel for a Sohour dinner. Here's a few pictures:




I think I'll spend part of today trying to figure out my Blackberry and how to get it set up. I've never had one before, in fact until I came to Qatar I never owned a cell phone before. (I was never fond of the idea of people being able to call me 24 hours a day)

_

No comments: