- Arab Card Games
- Varieties of Dates
- How to Get or Renew a Liquor Permit
- Qatar Coronavirus Updates - Around 500 a Day and More Lessening of Restrictions
- Qatari Names
- Styles of Minarets in Qatar
- A New Mall - the Vendome
- Summer Vacation Part 1 - Norway
- Traditional Qatari Breakfast
- Numerology? Or just because it's cool?
Monday, November 26, 2012
UN Climate Change Conference
The UN Climate Change Conference, known as COP18, has started in Doha. I don't know a lot about it, all I know is that about 20,000 delegates will be attending. How do I know that? Because for the last couple of weeks everyone's been panicking about the massive traffic disruptions this might cause. Warnings have been going out that everyone should leave for work extra early, some companies are enacting work-from-home plans, and some schools closed today.
Now given that it is a climate change conference most of the participants will be using buses but even then there are over 400 buses being used to shuttle everyone around. Good thing they're not driving rental cars or using taxis.
Let's see tomorrow morning how my commute goes. I'll report from the office once I arrive.