Friday, December 21, 2012

December 21, 2012


So to (mostly) no one's surprise the world did not end today. Why in the world people would believe that an old Mayan calendar turning over today would signify the end of the world I have no idea. Anyway I'm glad that's over with, I was getting sick of these Mayan-calendar doomsayers going on about how the world was going to end today. I'm sure soon there'll be some new doomsday announced that the gullible can get their undies in a bunch about.

Meanwhile I just was busy watching YouTube to witness Gangnam Style get over 1 billion views. I have no idea why I did this. It was great looking at the comments though. I think over 100,000 people were doing the same thing I was, and comments were flying by at about 5-10 per second so you could barely read them before they zoomed on by. Anyway, glad to have played a small part in Internet history. More interesting than sitting around waiting for the end of the world.

No comments: