Friday, November 08, 2013

Qatar National Library


[Update: Full details on the location of the Qatar National Library's offices can be found here]


Thanks to Dohanews I learned that Qatar National Library (currently under construction) is currently allowing online and e-book access with registration, including access to science journals and periodicals. I’m all for that!

To register you have to go here: https://library.qnl.qa/selfreg

But then you have to go to their project offices and show proof of ID. I clicked on their map but it's still a bit confusing and as far as I can tell they are somewhere in the outside edge of the Qatar foundation. Compounding the challenge they're only open Sunday-Thursday from 7:30 to 3:30, which means you have to get out there during working hours -- which means dealing with all the traffic.

Well I'm going to try to get out there. I'll let everyone know how it works out and see if I can provide better directions.

No comments: