Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Under-23 Tournament

Doha is hosting the AFC Under-23 tournament this year and so far I've been to all three of Qatar's games. A friend of mine gets tickets from his office so invites me along. To tell you the truth the games have been really good.



Qatar has played against China, Iran and Syria, winning all games by decent margins (the Iran game was maybe the closest)


Crowds to the Qatar games have been good, typically around 9-10 thousand. Not quite enough to fill Al Sadd Stadium. I should try to check out some of the non-Qatar games. I've caught bits of them here and there on TV and not as many people are going.


With the three wins Qatar has topped it's pool and moves on to the knockout stage against North Korea on the 22nd. (That I definitely want to see, I wonder if NK is going to fly in regimented fans again)

I don't think it's any coincidence that Qatar wins game if I'm in attendance, clearly I bring luck and good fortune. (Psst, Qatar Team, I bet if I could have VIP seats you'd probably do even better. Think about it!)

I recommend people try to go see some of the matches. The games I saw were pretty entertaining and now that it's the knockout stage it might be even better.


No comments: