Sunday, March 13, 2016

Back to Shahaniya


So my friend invited me back to Shahaniya so that we could go over to a friend's place for dinner. This time he asked if I could wear one of my thobes.

Sure, no problem, I've started getting used to them.



Do I look Arab? Not really, primarily due to my brown hair and beard. If I dyed it black and wore sunglasses (so no one could see my grey-blue eyes) maybe from a distance no one would think I was a foreigner. I doubt it though.

As for Shahaniya it takes time to get there and, just like last time, there's further delays as you have to wait for camels.



So when I arrived my friend was running late so I sat in his outside majlis and watched the world go by (or camels, as the case may be).



After he arrived we went to the stables to see his camels. I posed for a picture with one.




Then . . .




lol, that tickled! Friendly camel.



Then off to dinner. I didn't take pictures as it was dark but after eating (goat meat on a bed of rice) one of the guys decided to fix my gurtra into a more casual bedouin style. Casual? More like my agal is slipping off my head.



And so ended another evening with Qataris and camels.


No comments: