Friday, April 03, 2009

Okay I'm back

Hi everyone! It has definitely been a little while since I blogged, sorry about that. My Mum flew down on March 17 and just left today so every evening we had been busy either seeing the sights, being sick at home (me with the flu, her with a cold), or travelling. For travelling we went to Egypt where we stayed five days in Luxor touring Karnak Temple, the Valley of the Kings and so forth. I'll blog about the trip later.

To the surprise of everyone here it is raining! And I do not mean a little sprinkle, a good solid rain. Having rain this late in the year is really odd, it does not rain much in Qatar and when it does it is almost always from December to early February. To have rain in April is really odd.

Anyway a few streets are now of course flooded. Like I said Qatar does not get much rain so drainage here is not very good. Streets can turn to small rivers, roundabouts can hold huge puddles, and you have to be careful if you are driving on a road you are not familiar with as the water can hide any potholes. A vacant lot near me is now a small lake. And as far as I can tell the wet weather does not cause anyone to reduce their driving speed (but I did not see any accidents today).

I will post tomorrow about Egypt.

No comments: