Saturday, January 27, 2018

Where's the Rain?


The other day I was outside chatting with friends when it dawned on me that it hasn't really rained yet. Normally the rains start in November or December but aside from the odd shower in only some parts of the country there hasn't been much this season. I don't recall it raining in my neighbourhood at all. Around this time of year I'd be blogging about the rain and how it's flooded everywhere. Like this.

Qatar is a desert so even in rainy months like December or January it's an average of around 12-13 mm of precipitation per month, usually in one or two big storms. If it doesn't rain soon Qatar is looking at a very dry year as rain in April is uncommon and in May it's really rare. It could be possible that I'll see 16-18 straight months without rain here.





1 comment:

Hummus Recipes said...

I really enjoyed your blog thanks for sharing