- How to Get or Renew a Liquor Permit
- Souq Waqif Date Festival 2018
- Varieties of Dates
- Arab Card Games
- Ramadan 2016, Day 21 – Qur’an Discussions
- What To Do In Doha/Qatar
- Psychics, astrologer and magicians, oh my!
- How to Renew Your Car Registration
- Review of Some Weight Loss Shows
- Waterfront Cities of the World – Doha
Sunday, August 19, 2012
Eid 2012 – Holiday
I’m on vacation now in Turkey. A Turkish friend of mine invited me to his home in the city of Mudanya, on the coast of the Sea of Marmara.
It was a bit of a trip getting here. First we had to fly to Ankara, then take another flight to Istanbul, followed by a bus trip. Because it was Eid weekend the roads were jammed and what would normally take the bus 1½ hours took 4.
This morning is the first day of Eid so we had a traditional Turkish breakfast . . .
Then the day was spent either hosting friends and relatives or going to meet friends and relatives. This is standard for Turks during Eid (as it is with most Muslims). We’re currently at my friend’s house taking a break before heading out to meet his wife’s parents.
Eid Mubarak everyone.