Saturday, December 12, 2015

National Day is Coming!

National Day is next week, as anyone who has been out shopping would be able to tell. I was at a souq in Madinat Khalifa and the tailors were busy with National Day clothes (also I finally figured out where people get those cute little military uniforms for their kids).


This year National Day is on a Friday so I'm not sure how that will impact some of the morning festivities. The military parade will go ahead, they're putting the bleachers up near the Corniche now, but other than that things that in the past were held mid-day might shift to the late afternoon and evening.

I might try to get to the parade this year. I know, I know, it seems that I say that every year and then don't go. To get seats you have to go really, really early and I'm just not a morning person. I'll see if some of the friends are going, that'll give me the push to get up, but they don't generally go either.

Otherwise I will likely be at Souq Waqif that evening. The place is insanely busy during National Day which makes it fun.

Start making plans for National Day now, things might be booked up already.

No comments: