Sunday, January 01, 2017

Reflections of 2016

So another year has come and gone. While I know the Internet has been disappointed with this year due to all of the celebrity deaths my year was pretty good. Like every year I spent the last couple of days going through my photos.




On a fishing boat, Juan de Fuca Strait, Canada.





Of course I'm going to have wine and cheese. At a café near the Arc de Triomphe, Paris.





Kayaking in the mangroves, Thakira, Qatar.





A different angle of Michelangelo's David. Florence, Italy.





Lazing on the beach, Seychelles.





Dinner time at the majlis, Doha.





Enjoying a beautiful day in the sunshine. Vancouver, Canada.






Boating in the harbour. Bodrum, Turkey






On the steps of Sacre-Coeur Cathedral. Paris.





Chilling with a shisha at a well-known shisha cafe in Dubai, UAE.





Exploring the souq in Al Wakra, Qatar.





Of course you know where this is. I'm not sure how it hasn't fallen over. Pisa, Italy.





Showing off a new hairstyle. Victoria, Canada.





Watching the Euro Cup semifinals at a café in Montmartre, Paris.





Giant tortoises! They are only found in two places in the world, one of which is the Seychelles.





Enjoying a Florentine steak at the famous Trattoria Mario. Florence, Italy.





More and more often I seem to be wearing a thobe when I'm in Qatar.





Photobombing my niece's attempt to take a photo of the British Columbia Parliament Building. Victoria, Canada.





Enjoying a swim with my friends at a hotel in Abu Dhabi, UAE.






A lovely selection of baklava at a cafe in Bursa, Turkey.






Enjoying a concert of traditional Arabic music at Souq Waqif, Doha.





Having a drink at a bar in Florence, Italy.





Enjoying an ice cream. Everywhere, Earth.





Watching the sun go down at the beach. Dukhan, Qatar.





Hiking around a park in Vancouver Island, Canada.





I made a new friend. Doha.



I hope you all have a great 2017!




No comments: