Saturday, August 01, 2015

Brugge (Bruges)


Brugge is one of the more well-known cities in Belgium, famous for its medieval buildings and canals. It deserves the hype, it turned out to be my favourite city that I visited during the trip.

Check out the photos.



But it wasn’t just nice buildings there were interesting art exhibits and concerts while I was there. One of the exhibits was in a church where they converted much of the inside to an unusual playground (even with a swing).



And there was a big party in the main square.



So many old buildings, I’m not sure how the city managed to escape relatively unscathed from World War II. So many buildings were from the 17th and 18th century. I even visited Brugge’s oldest pub, from 1515 (celebrating its 500th anniversary!).



Definitely worth visiting. I wished I could have stayed at least one more day, I was there 2 days and there was still a lot I hadn’t seen.


No comments: