Thursday, August 27, 2015

Off Sick

Haven't posted this week because I've been home ill. I thought it was a cold until my nose started turning red, swelling, and I came down with a slight fever and feeling of nausea. Off to the clinic, was diagnosed with a nasal carbuncle or celluitis, and immediately put on I.V. antibiotics (!!) before being sent home with two other antibiotics and some painkillers. The doctor stressed not squeezing or putting pressure on my nose as it could drive more infection into the bloodstream. 24 hours later the swelling is still there but I was able to sleep well, no fever or nausea issues. I looked online and it said it'll typically take 2-3 days for the swelling to start to subside. So I'm chilling out at home and hopefully by the end of the weekend things will look better.



No comments: